Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Matt Pacini's Web Site

  1. #1
    blue demon
    Guest blue demon's Avatar

    Question

    What an interesting website. No good pictures from Lost Tribes there, so I was let down, but a big feature on the pictures from the trailer Matt Pacini is shooting for some other movie he wants to make.

    Two questions:

    Mr Alex, could you perhaps give us your opinion on this? We seem to be seeing some scenes from a film shoot here, and likely you have some pointers to give assessing the stills. Everybody seems to be having fun.

    Matt Pacini, are you showing Lost Tribes to potential investors for this new movie?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't seen the website nor do I know where it is. Was it listed on the ebay auction?

  3. #3

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I kind of feel sorry for Matt. He's really utterly clueless as to what photos to include. Here's a real simple rule Matt, ONLY include photos that happened right before an actual take, right after an actual take, or during a serious rehearsal.

    That's it!

    And get rid of that frickin tripod, what a joke. Can you even pan and tilt with that thing?

    Your shots of your film camera are VERYYYY few. Way toooooo mannyyyyy shots of you and your friends (or are they actors and crew), just having fun.

    I'm not gonna give you money to have fun in the mountains, that's for sure.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I liked the actual website page layout that Matt chose to show his photos (the actual photos selected are another matter). However, you need a home page button so that I don't have to scroll back through every photo just to get to the home page again!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Alex, maybe you could have a website with photos of some of the films you've shot.

    Oh, I forgot, you don't actually make films.
    You just pretend you do, as you spend all day on the internet giving advice from total non-experience.


    Matt Pacini

  7. #7
    blue demon
    Guest blue demon's Avatar

    Post

    Yes, it's a nice design he chose. I even like his homepage picture.

    I believe you are correct, I wouldn't invest in a film with a website with a bunch of people having fun out in the mountains goofing around. It is nice they are having fun. These are nice photos for his friends and cast and crew to have! But how can you take them seriously? It's my money these people would be spending!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
    Hey Alex, maybe you could have a website with photos of some of the films you've shot.

    Oh, I forgot, you don't actually make films.
    You just pretend you do, as you spend all day on the internet giving advice from total non-experience.


    Matt Pacini
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">????? Matt is clueless, somebody want to fill Matt in?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It looks to me like Reality Check likes to shove a stick in a wasps nest and gets things stirred up here. He's always asking Alex to make some comments on something which usually causes some **** storm.

    Matt can put any stills he wants on his site. I would recommend that he have true production stills of the actors in a scene (which is what Alex said) and have another section of behind the scenes like he already has. I must say, some of the locations look beautiful.

    Matt, so you're shooting on 16mm with a Scoopic? How's that going? I've shot maybe 200-300 feet with a scoopic, but liked it. The one thing I didn't like was the lack of a true wide angle. Do you have the wide angle adaptor? Finally, how do you blimp/barney the camera?

    I know this is a Super-8 board and this is 16mm a shoot, but I'm just curious.

    Scott

  10. #10
    blue demon
    Guest blue demon's Avatar

    Post

    I'm only trying to discuss things super 8, Snotty.

    I was looking for:

    Opinion on a SUPER 8 MOVIE called Lost Tribes

    Opinon on a SUPER 8 TRANSFER SERVICE

    Opinion on a website promoting a SUPER 8 MOVIE

    All I got for my trouble were people jumping down my throat for making a few commments on what was to be seen. If you read my first posts, I am very positive. But when **** ******s bark at me, I give them a

    Reality Check

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •